About Me

Wells, BC, Canada
Richard is a working photographer and writer in B.C. His camera focuses on natural history. archeology, travel, and documentary photography. His photography blog may be found at: http://richardtwright.blogspot.com/

Monday, April 1, 2013

What says the Magpie?

Magpie and Mule Deer


I just had to post this: A magpie picking ticks off a mule deers nether regions.  Taken at dusk last night, March 31st, at Sheldon Antelope refuge in Nevada.
We were driving back to camp after a fruitless day of antelope hunting when Amy spotted a bunch of ears.
With no time to get out and set up a tripod, I grabbed my D800 with the Nikkor 200-400mm with 2x extender mounted and hand-held it out the window. The deer hung around for awhile and then two magpies came in to begin a tick feast.
When we got into our trailer we found we had a bunch of ticks on us - and no magpies to help us. So we showered and picked ticks. Then it rained all night - in the desert. Today the roads were too muddy to drive. The gods were not with us.

Who can come up with the best caption?
Something like:
"So, you think you have it tough - look where I had to go for dinner!"

Leave a comment with your caption.

Check out my Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/richardtwrightphotograhy.

1 comment:

  1. From my brother:
    How about---"You fart and I'll be mighty ticked off!

    ReplyDelete