About Me

Wells, BC, Canada
Richard is a working photographer and writer in B.C. His camera focuses on natural history. archeology, travel, and documentary photography. His photography blog may be found at: http://richardtwright.blogspot.com/

Friday, March 29, 2013

Gambel's Quail




Meanwhile, back in Arizona's Madera Canyon area we were shooting various birds from a blind and managed to get this Gambel's Quail.
My main setup was a D800 with a 200-400 Nikkor mounted on a Manfrotto Carbon Fibre tripod with the Manfrotto 393 Gimbal mount.  But off to one side was a skeleton Cholla cactus where birds were landing, so I set up my D7000 with a Nikkor 70-200mm on a Bogen tripod so I could reach over and press the shutter, set on C2 drive.
The male came back a few times and every now and then lifted his head so I got a catch light in his eye.

Visit my Facebook page at: www.Facebook.com/richardtwrightphotography


No comments:

Post a Comment